Our Assay Services
With over 25 years of experience performing assays and over 12 years of developing assays on a variety of species, our services team is qualified to make your research a reality. We offer various kits in cardiovascular, metabolic, cancer, and diabetes research. Are you lacking the time and materials to run your own ELISA? We can do it for you! Assaypro is able to offer a cost-effective ELISA service to our customers by utilizing in-house components and protocols to fit your needs.
Our Most Popular Assays
Turn Around Time
- Send a quote request to email@example.com. A request must be completed in order to process a service order.
- Refer to labeling instructions for proper labeling procedure. If your samples are not labeled correctly, your order will not be processed.
Ship samples to:
Assaypro LLC (Assay Service)
3400 Harry S. Truman Blvd.
Saint Charles, MO 63303
- A good guideline to follow is www.iata.org, which stands for Specific International Air Transport Association (IATA). This is a required guideline for diagnostic packages, hence, it is the number one recommended site for all your international packaging needs
- For sample packages, we recommend packing your samples upright in a screw top lid (not required) to prevent leakage.
- All samples must be accompanied with dry ice and a dry ice label located on the outside of the package. Dry ice guidelines can be found on your courier of choice website.
- Box sizes may vary according to sample size, however; a box that encloses the samples tightly is recommended. **Please be aware the courier companies are not always aware of packages contents and will not always treat your package with the utmost care. Please include packaging popcorn or any other packaging protection for your samples.
- Shipping should be scheduled overnight Monday–Thursday to prevent sample thawing.
- Label the outside of the box accordingly with appropriate shipping label, packing lists, air bills, dry ice label, etc.
Assay data for research use only, not for use in clinical studies.
- Company: VWR: Microcentrifuge tubes: Cat#: 20170-293 (0.65 ml)
- Company: Fisher: Eppendorf Snap Cap: Cat#: 05-402-18 (0.6 ml)
- Company: Thermo/Matrix: Screw top micro tubes: Cat#: 3743 (500 µl 2D Bar-coded, V Bottom Screw Top Tubes w/ Caps)
- Each Assay is recorded into the Assay Services Research Notebook. An Assay Service Procedure Form is made for each customer before testing begins containing all customer information, assay information, and sample information. Samples are thawed at room temperature, inspected for correct volume of sample and any solid constituent that could interfere with the pipette. The samples are then mixed and placed on ice until ready for use.
- All assays have an individual written protocol including reagents and their concentrations, storage conditions, sample collection, preparation and storage, reagent preparation, assay procedure, data analysis, performance characteristics, linearity, recovery, cross-reactivity, and reference value.
- The standard, samples, and controls are diluted appropriately using the Eppendorf EpMotion Automation System. A biologist will oversee the process to verify no errors occur. If any errors occur they will be documented and the assay will be repeated if necessary.
- All other reagents needed for the assay are prepared and stored at 4 degrees Celsius until ready for use.
- Automatic plate washers are used and the assay is read using the SpectraMax 340PC384 plate reader and calculated using the most recent version of the SoftMax Pro System. The reader has been certified with FDA 21 CFR compliance.
- All data is transferred to a PDF File and emailed to the customer along with the Assay Service Procedure Form.
- All assays are performed by trained biologists under the Lab Manager’s supervision.
- All of our equipment used in the assays are up to date and calibrated yearly as required by ISO 9001. Any new reagents used in the assay will be calibrated against the old lot of the reagent.
- Assaypro reserves the right to change any reagents without prior notice.
- Trending is completed for each lot of each assay to maintain consistency between lots.
- An internal control is run with each assay to insure accuracy.
- If the control run in the assay does not perform within 20% of the average of the established values of the internal control the assay is thrown out.
- The inter-assay CV for the control is calculated based on the average of the measured internal control values.
- The intra-assay CV is calculated for each dilution of the standards, samples, and the internal control.